Friday, September 9, 2011

Couple paintings before school starts



I did these two to get me back in the swing of things before I go full steam into my last semester.

The first one is a portrait I did from a photo I got inspired by. Got to experiment with a number of different tools in Photoshop with this one.

Next we got Oakland Athletics rising start Jemile Weeks. I haven't done a lot of portraits of people with darker complexions, so this was certainly a challenge. Can't use the normal tricks that are used for Caucasians. Gave me a chance to explore and learn. Someday I'll learn how to tackle dreads.

And for whatever reason, when you maximize the second portrait, it makes him look orange...

1 comment:

  1. The woman looks a lot like a dark haired version of your cousin Jac.

    ReplyDelete